Debt Recovery Solicitors in London and Essex
All businesses aim to minimise their unpaid debts. Chasing an unpaid invoice is frustrating – at the least – but can also take up significant resource, prevent a business from taking on more work or even mean having to close down. We offer an efficient and cost-effective debt recovery service for small and medium-sized businesses.
Our approach to debt recovery ordinarily involves a four stage process:
- Initial information collection and merits analysis – we will gather the relevant information and documents from you to enable us to assess your case and advise on the options for seeking to recover the debt.
- Pre-action process – this is likely to involve an official solicitor’s letter being sent to the debtor and, if needed, follow up letters.
- Launching of legal action e.g. initiating court proceedings or issuing a winding-up or bankruptcy petition – if the pre-action process does not lead to a recovery, then we will proceed with legal action against the debt in line with your best interests. We will discuss the preferred legal route with you in advance.
- Enforcement of claims – we will help you to turn any successful legal action into debt recovery by taking steps to try to enforce the claim e.g. by instructing bailiffs.
At each stage of the process, we will try to achieve the best outcome for you while striving to keep costs to a minimum.
Our unique selling point is that we understand what clients want from their lawyers. We will manage your transaction proactively, with careful attention to detail while never losing sight of the bigger picture.
We offer a range of pricing options and will be happy to discuss these with you. As a client-centred law firm, we will be transparent with you about our pricing and actively manage these in line with our agreements.
How we can help with Debt Recovery
We can assist you with the following debt recovery services:
- Initial merits analysis
- Sending a pre-action letter before action
- Finding the debtor
- Preparing and issuing court proceedings or, if the debt is not disputed, pursuing a winding-up or bankruptcy petition
- Obtaining a county court judgment
- Helping you to enforce the judgment
You can review our debt recovery pricing here, which applies if the debt is not disputed. If the debt is disputed, then our standard pricing information will not apply and we will provide you with costs information and our pricing options.
Why you should instruct us for . matters
We put our clients at the centre of our thinking. It is our mission to create an effortless experience and, in return, we hope to create clients for life.
We strive to understand the specific needs of our clients and, using our knowledge and expertise, focus on delivering real-life and practical solutions.
An essential component of our business is being open, honest, and accountable with our clients, and operating at the highest professional standards.
We encourage our people to think creatively and imaginatively in the legal advice we give, as well as the way we provide services.