020 3963 1936
Select Page

Enforcement of Claims Solicitors

Enforcement of Claims Solicitors in London and Essex

If you have obtained a court judgment against an individual or a business, the next important task is to enforce the claim by trying to turn the court’s judgment into the actual receipt of payments (in the case of an order to pay) or performance of an obligation (in the case of an order for specific performance).

Hopefully, the enforceability of a judgment will have been considered before bringing the legal action in the first place but, even if this was considered, a party may still not comply with an order made against them. 

If a judgment has been obtained for the payment of a sum of money, you may be able to enforce the judgment in the following ways:

  • Warrant of execution
  • Writ of control
  • Attachment of earnings order
  • Third party debt order
  • Information order
  • Charging order
  • Winding-up proceedings
  • Bankruptcy proceedings

If you are having difficulty in enforcing a judgment that has been awarded in your favour, please contact us to discuss your case and we will advise you on your options.

Our unique selling point is that we understand what clients want from their lawyers. We will manage your transaction proactively, with careful attention to detail while never losing sight of the bigger picture.

We offer a range of pricing options and will be happy to discuss these with you. As a client-centred law firm, we will be transparent with you about our pricing and actively manage these in line with our agreements.

How we can help with Enforcement of Claims

You should be aware that, where a party has been ordered to pay damages or costs but fails to do so, there is no guarantee as to the recovery of the payment and it is your responsibility to enforce the judgment. The court will not automatically enforce the judgment for you. 

We have experience in helping clients decided whether or not to pursue a claim and, where cases are successfully pursued, with the enforceability of judgments. We can help you to ask the right questions about a judgment debtor and to gather information about their assets, liabilities and income. 

If there is a concern about the judgment debtor trying to dispose of assets, then it may be necessary to act quickly. We can help you to take steps to stop any such disposals such as by applying to specific court order known as a freezing injunction.

We will give you expert advice and representation from the start-to-finish of your matter. We can help you to navigate through the legal and practical issues, and will provide you with regular updates as your case progresses.


    We may send you updates about legal developments and thought leadership that might be of interest to you and/or information about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new services. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us at hello@birdilaw.com or using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails. You may also wish to review our privacy policy that provides further information about how we use personal data.

    Why you should instruct us for . matters


    We put our clients at the centre of our thinking. It is our mission to create an effortless experience and, in return, we hope to create clients for life.

    Commercially Minded

    We strive to understand the specific needs of our clients and, using our knowledge and expertise, focus on delivering real-life and practical solutions.


    An essential component of our business is being open, honest, and accountable with our clients, and operating at the highest professional standards.

    Innovative Thinking

    We encourage our people to think creatively and imaginatively in the legal advice we give, as well as the way we provide services.

    Make a free enquiry about our . services

    Please call us to make a free enquiry about our services on 020 8123 4567 or email hello@birdilaw.co.uk. 

    Alternatively, please take a moment to complete our free enquiry form.