- You should read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website (the Site) which is provided by us free of charge. References in these terms and conditions to the Site includes the following websites: www.birdilaw.com and all associated web pages.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these terms and conditions, you should cease using the Site immediately.
- If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us using the details shown below:
020 3963 1936. We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
- Please note that no sale of services takes place on this website. Any agreement to provide legal services will be governed by separate terms and conditions in addition to these terms and will be provided to you separately.
- About us
- Birdi & Co is the trading name of Birdi Law Limited. Birdi Law Limited is a company registered in England under number 13452934, registered office Spaces Moorgate, 30 Moorgate, London EC2R 6DN. Birdi & Co Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Our SRA registration number is 822590.
- We maintain professional indemnity insurance in accordance with our regulatory obligations as imposed by the SRA. Details of our professional indemnity insurance are available for inspection at our offices and/or on request.
- Availability, accessibility and conditions of use
- While we make every effort to ensure that the Site is available, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee in any way the Site’s continued availability at all times or uninterrupted use by you of the Site. We reserve the right to suspend or cease the operation of the Site from time to time at our sole discretion.
- We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. Please see our separate Website accessibility statement here. If you have any difficulties using the Site, please contact us. If you would like these Terms in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- not to use the Site:
- for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law, or prohibited by these terms and conditions;
- to commit any act of fraud;
- to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business or any other entity;
- to promote unlawful activity; or
- to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, system, accounts or networks;
- not to defame or disparage anybody in a manner which is obscene, derogatory or offensive; and
- to be responsible for ensuring that your use of the Site is consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- not to use the Site:
- We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these terms and conditions or any applicable law.
- Your privacy and personal information
- Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
- Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- The Site and all content within the Site is owned and operated by us and/or our licensors. We and our licensors reserve all rights.
- The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from the Site unless expressly authorised by us.
- Any intellectual property rights (including without limitation all patents, copyright, database rights and trademarks (whether registered or unregistered)) subsisting in any content or material on the Site belong to us and/or our licensors. All rights are reserved for the benefit of ourselves and/or our licensors. Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any rights in the Site or the content within the Site.
- While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we do not represent, warrant or promise (whether express or implied) that any information is or remains accurate, complete and up to date, or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you place on the information on the Site is at your own risk. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to prejudice any mandatory statutory requirement or your statutory rights.
- Content on the Site is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites which may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial, or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- Hyperlinks and third-party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to external third-party websites. Any such hyperlinks or reference is provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third-party websites and accept no responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third-party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site.
- Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all our dealings with clients, third parties and employees. Please see our Diversity policy – insert link.
- Warranties and limitation of liability
- You agree that your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Consequently, we make no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms (whether express or implied) in relation to the provision of the Site, including without limitation as to completeness, accuracy and currency or any content and information on the Site, or as to satisfactory quality, or fitness for particular purpose.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and our professional obligations, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which we may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- any error or inaccuracies in any information or material within or relating to the Site;
- the unavailability of the Site for whatsoever reason; and
- any representation or statement made on the Site.
- Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered (including without limitation direct or indirect losses) arising from your use of, or reliance on, the Site.
- We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us on the Site or for any other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
- If you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any costs, expenses, claims, proceedings, actions, losses, damages or liabilities incurred by us in relation to or arising from such a breach.
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time without notifying you. By continuing to use and access the Site you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time-to-time to verify such variations.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided you should inform us immediately so we can do our best to resolve the problem.
- If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can read our full complaints procedure here. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your matter.
Why you should instruct us for legal matters
We put our clients at the centre of our thinking. It is our mission to create an effortless experience and, in return, we hope to create clients for life.
We strive to understand the specific needs of our clients and, using our knowledge and expertise, focus on delivering real-life and practical solutions.
An essential component of our business is being open, honest, and accountable with our clients, and operating at the highest professional standards.
We encourage our people to think creatively and imaginatively in the legal advice we give, as well as the way we provide services.